Notice onthe Requirements for Entry of Minors into the United Arab Emirates
The United Arab Emiratesgovernment has released the notice that, effective immediately,all minors under 18 years of age must meet the following requirements in orderto qualify for entry into the United Arab Emirates:
1. If a minor travelswith a parent / guardian whose surname is different from that of the minor, adocument that provesthe relationship between the minor and the parent /guardianmust be provided. An example of such document is the photocopy of theminor’s birth certificate orthe photocopy of a document of similar nature. The name of the parent/guardianmust be indicated on the document.
2. If the minor travelswith an adult (18 years of age or above)other than minor’s parent or guardian, a letter ofauthorization signed by the minor’s parent or guardianmust be provided, and the letter of authorizationmust be accompanied by a copyof the document that proves the relationship between the minor and theparent/guardian whose name is shown on the letter of authorization. The letterof authorization shall indicate the following information:
- Passenger name andflight details
- Telephone number andaddress in UAE by which the passengers can be contacted
- Name and signature ofparent / guardian
- Telephone number andaddress of parent/guardian in the country of flight departure
3.Unaccompanied Minorservice must be provided for minors who have attained the age of 5 but areunder the age of 18 traveling to the United Arab Emirates alone.
Minors who do not meetthe above requirements run the risk of being refused entry by United ArabEmirates immigration authorities.
Pleasemake your travel plans accordingly.